COVID-10: May 19th Update
As the COVID-19 situation begins to stabilize, we are updating our operations to make sure that our patients’ care is not delayed and provided in the best and safest way possible.
- We are reinforcing our strict hand washing hygiene protocols under which all employees are required to wash their hands between each patient contact.
- Our office will be disinfected daily and frequently touched areas multiple times during the day
- Office staff and patients are required to wear masks
- Our appointment schedule will be lightened so as to allow time to thoroughly disinfect all contact surfaces between each patient and to limit waiting room contact.
- We will no longer accept “walk-ins” and ask that each patient call before coming in to be screened on the phone for possible COVID-19 contact or symptoms.
- All patients that need to be checked for Coronavirus will be given instructions as to how and where they can be checked.
- All routine & healthy visits as well as chronic conditions follow up visits will be scheduled during the morning hours 9-12. We will not accept any sick patients with any suspected communicable disease during those hours. Patients with fever, cough, runny nose, nausea, vomiting or new skin conditions will be scheduled later during the day.
- We especially encourage patients with chronic diseases and urgent new symptoms to not delay medical care and call for appointments in order to reassure proper care
- All pediatric physicals should be scheduled during morning hours and it is recommended not to delay your child’s immunizations
- We will still be available for phone consults for minor problems or medication refills if in-person visit is not necessary, as decided by our providers
- If your skin requires attention, we are available to help. Those visits will be scheduled during morning hours and changed as the situation evolves and according to patients’ needs.
- For patients that run out of cosmetic products – they can be purchased in-person at our office, on the curbside, or can be mailed to your home. Please call our office if needed.
We will continue to update our polices as the COVID-19 situation evolves. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please remember to take care of your health, continue taking your medications, stay active, positive, well hydrated and eat healthy. Stay tuned to new recommendations every day.
Beata Danek M.D.